Learn about the advantages of doing business in downtown Fond du Lac.
Now Accepting 2014 Farmers Market Applications!
We are now accepting applications for the 2014 Downtown Fond du Lac Farmers Market! The information below should answer any questions you may have about becoming a vendor at the Farmers Market.
- Opening day is Saturday, May 10. The final market of the season is Saturday, October 25.
- Hours and location remain the same: 7:00 a.m. to noon at the City/County Government Building parking lot at Western and Linden streets.
- Returning 2013 Saturday vendors have until registration deadline, March 21, 2014, to reserve space at the Saturday market. Keep in mind previous year booth spaces will be not guaranteed. Please make a notation on the application with space requests.
- After April 1, Saturday spaces will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Opening day is Wednesday, June 4. Final Wednesday market is October 22.
- The Wednesday market will be in Main Street Plaza near the corner of Sheboygan and Main Streets.
- Hours of operation are Noon to 5 p.m.
- Returning 2013 Wednesday vendors have until registration deadline, March 21, 2014, to reserve space at the Wednesday market. Keep in mind previous year booth spaces will be not guaranteed. Please make a notation on the application with space requests.
- After April 1, Wednesday spaces will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The Wednesday season permit price has increased $10 in order to pay for expenses associated with this growing market. The increase equates to a 50 cent increase per Wednesday.
Floater permits/waiting list: After all Saturday and Wednesday market spaces are designated, a limited number of Floater permits will be issued. Saturday floater permit holders can fill any space left open at 6:31 a.m. with Market Manager approval. Wednesday floater permit holders can fill any space left open at 11:31 a.m. with Market Manager approval.
About the Markets
Downtown Fond du Lac has two markets from May through October. The Saturday Market starts the second Saturday in May and is located on the corner of Western Avenue & Linden Street. The Wednesday Market starts the first Wednesday in June and is held at Main Street Plaza, located at the corner of Main Street & Sheboygan Street. Both markets provide fresh and local produce, baked goods, meats, cheeses, plants and crafts.
May 10 through October 25
7 am to noon
City/County Parking Lot at Western Avenue and Linden Street
On Saturdays, over 90 vendors sell the freshest Wisconsin-grown produce, plants, flowers, baked goods, meats and cheese. Crafts, arts, pottery, and other hand-made items are also available. At the height of the season the market brings over 2,000 shoppers downtown weekly.
June 4 through October 22
Noon to 5 pm
Main Street Plaza at Main Street and Sheboygan Street
On Wednesdays, 15 vendors sell Wisconsin-grown produce, plants, flowers, and hand-made items. This smaller market brings a weekly attendance of 250 shoppers downtown. Make sure to pick up an on-the-go lunch and your weekly produce while checking out Downtown Fond du Lac Farmers Market!
Want to know what is in season?
Click here and you'll get an interactive map of Wisconsin where you can search what is in season month-by-month. There are also recipes for exactly what is season.
Non-Profits Making Money for their Organizations
Once again, the Downtown Fond du Lac Farmers Market has allocated a space at no cost to local non-profits to sell food in order to raise money for their causes. The calendar below lists dates and organizations participating.
Be sure to stop at Booth 80 to find out what they are selling, it ranges from coffee and water to doughnuts and muffins and find out more about these amazing nonprofits and what they do for the community!
Interested in having a free space on Saturday? Contact Sadie by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 920.322.2006 to reserve your date!
|May 24||Fond du Lac Historical Society|
|June 7||United for Diversity|
|June 21||Fishing Has No Boundaries|
|July 12||UW Extension|
|August 2||Living Well FDL|
|August 16||UW Extension|
|August 23||Evan Cub Scouts|